Do you have a passion for serving?
Our camp could not function without the help of volunteers of all ages.
We have many volunteer opportunities available for you or your group!
Our counselors represent the hands, feet, face and heart of Christ to all of our campers. If you can be an example to campers, help with some activities, and you want to have fun and see God work in an amazing way, then volunteering for a week of camp is for you!
All volunteer staff are hand-picked by the deans of each session. If you would like us to contact a dean on your behalf please contact us!
Once you have confirmed to work with a dean, please register online!
Junior Counselor (J.C.): Junior Counselors are a tremendous help to each camp session. To be a JC you must:
- Be at least 14 years old and under the age of 18.
- Have completed one J.C. Bootcamp session (click here for dates.)
- Must be at least 2 years older than the oldest camper of the session you serve.
- Upon completion of J.C. Bootcamp, you must contact the dean of the week for approval.
Adult Counselor: We could not do what we do without our Adult Counselors. To be a Counselor you:
- Must be 18 years old and above.
- Must still be 2 years older than the oldest camper.
- Must contact the dean of the week to be approved as a Volunteer.
- Must review FOCUS training materials available online.
- Complete screening process prior to working at camp.
- Mentally, emotionally, & spiritually stable.
Junior Staff is the perfect opportunity to get a taste of what it’s like to be Summer Staff without the three-month commitment. Junior Staff applicants are encouraged to volunteer to work two sessions, which do not have to be consecutive. Junior Staff are not allowed to work a session where they are eligible to be a camper (High School, Music and Drama, Deeper Life/Path Finders, Wilderness Adventure or Tech Camp.) Junior Staff are not Junior Counselors.
Junior Staff Requirements:
1. Must be between 15-17 years old
2. Must fill out Junior Staff application available here
1. Daily cleaning of camp facilities and camp grounds
2. Help with serving food for all three meals
3. Help with serving Pop Shop
4. Supervising campers when necessary
5. Assisting RCC Staff as needed
Junior Staff will not be allowed to leave campus or have visitors. Junior Staff will stay in the staff quarters with the Summer Staff.
All Junior Staff positions are voluntary, but will receive a transferable $25 camp credit per session worked.
We have many service projects for your organization to participate in! Our annual Spring Workday will be on May 27, 2017. We will be preparing the campus for our 2017 Summer Camp Season!
Please contact us for more information on our workday or to schedule your own service project!
Our kitchen volunteers help prepare, serve and clean our dining hall during our summer camp sessions! Throughout the summer, we have 33 available dates for your church or organization to serve. All kitchen volunteers are required to wear closed-toe shoes and a hat while serving. If you forget your hat, we have hairnets for you to use! (Visors are not allowed.)
Please contact us for more information!