SUMMER STAFF JOB DESCRIPTION
JOB TITLES: Lifeguard
PURPOSE OF JOB
Assist camp manager as needed to ensure maintenance, safety and oversight of camp facilities and campers.
High School Graduate. A baptized believer and member of Church of Christ/Christian Church. Ability to work with campers of all ages and set a good example. Self motivated individual. Ability to perform physical task as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Supervise all swimming activities during camp sessions.
2. Oversee maintenance and cleaning of the swimming pool.
3. Prepare camp facilities and grounds for summer camp program.
4. Prepare dorms and restrooms for each camp session by ensuring they are clean and tidy. Double check that all fixtures are in good working order.
5. Assist camp manager and dean with registration.
6. Daily assist kitchen staff with preparation for meals, serving, and clean up.
7. Assist in the set up, stocking and dispensing of pop shop.
8. Assist dean and/or his staff with water break as needed (cups, trash, etc)
9. Grounds are to be maintained (mowing, trim and general clean up).
10. Ensure facilities and buildings are clean and ready for each camp session.
11. Attend and supervise pool activities of weekend Day Camps.
12. All other duties as directed by the camp manager.