Counselors and Junior Counselors
“For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many.” Mark 10:45
There is nothing more rewarding this summer than being a servant to Christ at a week of Camp. Every week, every summer, our camp could not function without the help of volunteers of all ages. If you can be an example to campers, help with some activities, and you want to have fun and see God work in an amazing way, then volunteering for a week of camp is for you!
JC or Junior Counselor: We love our Junior Counselors! Junior Counselors are a tremendous help to each camp session. To be a JC you must:
- Be at least 14 years old and under the age of 18
- Have completed one J.C. Bootcamp session (See Camp Calendar For Dates)
- Must be at least 2 years older than the oldest camper of the session you serve
- Upon completion of JC Bootcamp, you must contact the dean of the week for approval.
Adult Counselor: Our counselors represent the hands, feet, face and heart of Christ to all the campers. We could not do what we do without our Adult Counselors. To be a Counselor you:
- Must be 18 years old and above
- Must still be 2 years older than the oldest camper
- Must contact the dean of the week to be approved as a Volunteer
- Must review Focus training materials available online
- Complete screening process prior to working at camp. A background check form must be completed to fulfill the requirements for you to have Care, Custody, and Control of a child enrolled in a Roanoke Christian Camp session. Your data on this background form will be stored on a secure server through Protect My Ministry Inc.
- Mentally, emotionally, & spiritually stable.
If you’re interested in serving as a counselor or junior counselor this summer, please contact us! We look forward to hearing from you!